Monday, July 20, 2015

EB5 Visa - Immigration Thru Real Estate Investments

This question is very current with the number of foreign national investors we have in the Miami/Dade and Aventura areas of South Florida.

Q uestion. I need an EB5 visa. I understand that this type of visa is available by investing in real estate property. Is this true?


nswer. Every year, millions of people around the world try to emigrate to the USA. The process is painstaking, expensive and takes a long time. Successful applicants get the all-important green card and are on their way to a better life. Sadly, most of those who apply will have their application declined.

However, there is a way for people to improve their chances of obtaining US residency.
If you are one of these, here is how you can get an EB5 visa:
1. Check out emigrating to the USA by investing. You can obtain an EB5 visa by investing money in the US. We suggest investing in Miami, Florida. The investment amount needed is substantial, with a minimum investment of $500,000 required. This cost is acceptable for investment in targeted employment areas. In other areas, the minimum investment is $1m.
2. Before you begin the process, engage the services of a US-based attorney with experience in helping EB5 visa applicants. An attorney will  help you get all your paperwork right in order to emigrate to the United States.
3. Make sure you deal with a qualified attorney. There are many scams in operation, so you need to be careful. Ask for contact information for previous successful applicants who used the attorney. Check the attorney is recognized by the relevant bar association.
4. Begin the application process, which starts with a petition, as soon as possible. The length of time, before a final decision is reached will normally be almost a year, but could be several years.
5. Use the time between applying and being accepted to research investment opportunities.
If you can invest this amount of money, you have a better chance of getting your green card. You will still need to meet the normal requirements for any foreign national hoping to immigrate. If you are fortunate, you can also get immigrant status for your spouse and dependent children under the age of 21.
As with all legal matters, I suggest contacting an immigration lawyer. If you are considering purchasing a property in South Florida, here is a sample of the homes I have for sale here.

No comments:

Post a Comment