Q. What is the most effective way to manage my apartment for rent in Aventura? I have a property manager, but I do not wish to hand over the actual search for a renter to them (long story- but shall I say family friend)
Okay, I will not ask for further details.. and on to your answer.
A. I suggest you hire a qualified Aventura Realtor. I have created a checklist for you.
9 Tips on How To Select A Realtor In Aventura, Florida
A Guide For Investors Wishing To Lease Their Unit(s)
- Hire a Real Estate Agent with a thorough knowledge of the area of Aventura
- Employ an individual that has a complete understanding of other buildings in the area.They must know your competition.
- The Realtor must be very familiar with the building, perhaps even having other listings in the building. Competition, in this case, is good simply because he/she will be dealing with potential lessees.
- Ask for prior units rented in the building. In particular, ask for the when the rental was made and what was the rent price.
- Select a reputable Real Estate Brokerage, one that is well known in the area.
- Ask to see how the Realtor will market the property. Only placing your real estate for rent in Aventura on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is not good enough.. at least not by my standards. If it were my property, I want to see actual marketing pieces that will be used.
- The agent must be updated on current rental pricing and provide you with this information, on paper
- Ask the Realtor for references. This information should provide the information about the quality of their work, their professionalism, and their integrity, to name a few.
- Naturally ask for any commissions that are due the real estate brokerage
Finally, as I suggest a quick review of the Aventura Real Estate agent's past work. This site will note if there are any legal issues or complaints against the Realtor.
I hope this helps in your quest to find a suitable Realtor in Aventura.